Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Today I start my blog at the encouragement of my wife

I'm not really sure how this will go, I certainly have never done anything like this. I just recently started a mini blog on Facebook, but it was noted that not everyone uses Facebook (I often wish I didn't!). My first blog series will be based on the book my mom gave me for Christmas.



I have been thinking about doing this for a while. My mom gave me this book for Christmas. I will admit I didn't start reading it for a while, but when I did I found that this book was full of wonderful insights about God. We always think of all the things God can do, but we rarely think about the things God can't do. While the words God and can't appear to be an oxymoron at first, as this book clearly shows, there are many things God can't do. The good news is that it is to our benefit!


So what I plan to starting today is share everyday one thing that God cannot do. I'm using a book called 101 Things God Can't Do by Maisie Sparks. As she states in her opening: It's because God can't do these things that we can do all things through Christ who gives us the power (M. Sparks, 2009). I may add a small thought of my own to each selection. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.



MW



Sparks, M. (1996). 101 things God can't do. Nashville, Tenn: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment